This privacy statement is effective as of 26 September, 2018. Please note that this document will regularly be updated to reflect any changes in the way we handle your personal data or any changes in applicable laws.
This page will tell you everything you need to know about how OverIT INC (OverIT) protects the personal data we process and control relating to you (“your personal data”; “your data”) and which rights you have in relation to the processing of your personal data.
Our company collects personal data relating to you which you provide at our premises, in events which we or third parties organize, such as fairs and meetings, or in web pages dedicated to the request for information about our products and services. In any event, the present statement shall be submitted to you before collecting and processing the data.
Furthermore, you can provide us with your personal data when requesting information, during the negotiations, when signing or executing contracts as well as when accepting/providing performances and/or services, whatever they may be.
Purpose of the data processing and legal bases
Your personal data are collected and processed with your consent for:
- OPERATIONAL and MANAGEMENT purposes: it means performing activities connected with our business, administrative, accounting, tax or legal operations;
- COMMERCIAL and MARKETING purposes: it means, for example, sending advertising material, providing commercial information on new products or services, involving you in events and initiatives promoted by our Company or other Group companies, partners or Third parties. We do not perform any profiling activity with your personal data.
We will process your personal data for the purposes mentioned above based on your prior consent.
We will not use your personal data for purposes that are incompatible with the purposes of which you have been informed, unless it is required or authorized by law, or it is in your own vital interest (e.g. in case of a medical emergency) to do so.
OverIT may collect the following personal data:
- Personal data that you provide by filling in forms on our website. This includes registering to use the website, subscribing to services, newsletters and alerts, registering for a conference or requesting a white paper or further information. Pages that collect this type of personal data may provide further information as to why your personal data are needed and how it will be used. It is completely up to you whether you want to provide it.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Any postings, comments or other content that you upload or post to an OverIT website.
Data processing procedures
OverIT protects your personal data in accordance with applicable laws and our data privacy policies. In addition, OverIT maintains the appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental loss, alteration, disclosure or access, or accidental or unlawful destruction of or damage thereto.
Your personal data are processed by personnel specifically designated by OverIT, in paper means and/or magnetic, electronic, telematic support or by using suitable tools to ensure the security and the confidentiality.
Your personal data are processed within our Company’s premises. Nevertheless, we may also use third-party email marketing platforms, such as, by way of example but not limited thereto, “MailChimp”. We ensure that our service providers are fully compliant with the security standards required by the law regulations. Your personal data shall not be transferred to third countries which have not been confirmed as “adequate” according to the criteria of the competent authorities and thus do not ensure sufficient security standards in the management of your personal data.
Duration of the processing
Unless otherwise ordered by privacy regulations, your data will be kept no longer than necessary for the purposes for which they are collected, in any case for a maximum period of 2 (two) years and shall be then deleted from all our systems and those of any third parties to whom they were disclosed.
Will we share your personal data with third parties?
We may transfer personal data to our service providers, professional advisors, public and governmental authorities or third parties in connection with a (potential) corporate or commercial transaction. Such third parties may be located in other countries. Before we do so, we shall take the necessary steps to ensure that your personal data will be given adequate protection as required by relevant data privacy laws.
What about sensitive data?
We do not generally seek to collect sensitive data (also known as special categories) through this site or otherwise. In the limited cases where we do seek to collect such data, we will do this in accordance with data privacy law requirements and/or ask for your consent.
The term “sensitive data” refers to the various categories of personal data identified by data privacy laws as requiring special treatment, including in some circumstances the need to obtain explicit consent from you. These categories include racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious, philosophical or other similar beliefs, membership of a trade union, physical or mental health, biometric or genetic data, sexual life or orientation, or criminal convictions and offences (including information about suspected criminal activities).